The D&A team have compiled a list of handy video conferencing tips to get any new user off on the right track!
- Do dress to impress – make sure if you are dialling in to a video conference that you are dressed how you would like the world to see you…well at least the top half of you!
- Do check your camera position – if you are making a video call from your desk, make sure your camera is in a central position above your screen. I find positioning the camera just above where the other person/people will be displayed on your screen always helps
- Do use good quality video conferencing equipment – if you are using a meeting room for your video calls make sure you have high quality, intuitive video and audio equipment (I would recommend a Lifesize solution). Tip: try and keep eye contact, its very distracting if you are looking around the room and not at the person you are speaking to
- Don’t forget to show up – the worst video conferencing etiquette is being late to join the meeting, show up on time and make sure you do introductions as you would with a face-to-face meeting
- Do look behind you – does the background of your meeting space or office represent you/your business. Does it represent how you wish to be portrayed by a colleague or customer? Tidy up before you make the call!
- Do test the sound before you start – can you hear the other people clearly? if you are calling from your desk do your head phones work? are they plugged in? are they on mute?
- Don’t forget to record your video conference – there is no better record of your meeting then being able to go back and watch it again, its much easier then taking notes!
- Don’t mumble – make sure you speak clearly and try not to cover your mouth. There is nothing more frustrating then not hearing the other person in a meeting
Tip: try and avoid side conversations with other people in the room, it can be very distracting!
If you would like to talk to us about a great quality video conferencing solution for your business get in touch.
You could get a complete huddle space solution including screen and video conferencing for your business from just £6399!